Measuring the overall employee pulse of your organization is critical to business success. There are…
Are you thinking about deploying an employee communications platform?
Are you thinking about increasing employee engagement, retention, and workplace satisfaction with an employee app?
An app that can reach all of your employees wherever they are, on mobile devices, computers, digital displays, emails, SMS texting?
If so, read on, because there is one thing you absolutely need to do before you launch your internal communications platform in order to make it successful and achieve the goals you wish to attain.
Many stakeholders in human resources, internal communications, operations, and corporate affairs launch communication platforms for their employees to keep in touch and get important news and updates, but they often make the biggest mistake right from the get-go. They don’t properly have a strategic plan in place to internally communicate to their employees ahead of time what this platform will actually do for them. Many times stakeholders believe that if they build it, they will come. And that’s just not the case when launching an internal communication platform. Because of this, many fail within the first year of deployment.
Typically a few months before deploying the technology, you need to have a plan in place that combines traditional methods of communication with existing ones and gets the word out. The most important questions you will need to answer for your employees:
- What’s in it for me?
- Why should I download this app and what value is it going to bring me?
- Are you giving me more work to do?
- Wait, if I install your app on my phone are you going to be tracking me now?
- Will you be listening to me through the app when I don’t want you to be?
- If this app is going to be on my personal phone will you compensate me for data usage? If I access the platform after work hours will I be compensated?
These are all important and valid questions that the company needs to think about and clearly explain in advance.
It’s also very important that stakeholders go through a pre-communications process where they are creating buzz and excitement for what’s about to come. You want to make the biggest splash in the pond on day one when your app goes live, and there are several methodologies and best practices to do this. Adding intrinsic motivators such as gamification with points, rewards, recognition, and much more has a tangible reason for people to participate. Let them know that this communications platform is going to help them do their jobs better, faster, and grow within the company. Think of it as a career booster, productivity booster, and cost savings center all in one.
When evaluating which platform to deploy, companies need to consider the breadth of experience and overall successful deployment the vendor has had in the past. After all, there are a lot of ways to launch an employee communications app, but if you don’t have qualified experienced professionals backing up the product, training you, and showing you how to marry best-in-class technology with tactics that solve your pain points, your employee communication to app platform is likely destined to fail.
Here are some pro tips to consider:
- Pick a solution that has a good methodology with experienced employee engagement experts that can guide you through the process from pre-planning all the way to deployment and then give you the advisory and support you need along the way to keep engagement high and onboard new employees as you grow.
- Pick a technology partner that can provide you with templates, pre-communication documents, videos, collateral material, internal communication content examples, and other assets so that you can easily customize it to your company’s brand identity standards, mission vision value, and employee culture.
- With continued labor shortages, increased competition, and continued supply chain issues, it’s more important than ever to have tools in place to effectively communicate, retain, grow and motivate your employee base. This is super important as so many companies look to deploy communications platforms for their employees coming out of the pandemic.
Do you want to see a sample employee communications pre-planning checklist and guide with timelines and examples for deploying an employee communications platform for engagement? Contact us at HubEngage and let one of our experts show you on-screen all the important steps you cannot miss, and give you examples of current successful best practice deployments. We can guide you through the process and help you to avoid common pitfalls that have plagued so many companies that have put out employee apps for communication but have not considered all the factors that go into it.